I have clients and prospects constantly asking what makes us different? The truth is there are not many differences amongst recruiting companies. There are subtle differences in process, communication and pricing. The biggest difference maker is execution and delivering results. So how do you find the recruitment firms that execute on what they say they can do?
Some of the things you should look for are listed below:
- Is it easy to get the CEO/Owner on the phone?
- Does your recruiter respond in a timely manner?
- Will your recruitment firm provide references?
- Does your recruitment company specialize in the specific industry you are in?
- Does your recruitment company belong to industry organizations?
- Does the website show the team or is a vague website?
- Is the contract lengthy or simple and easy to read?
- Can you find the company on the web easy?
- What sort of credentials do the owners/management have?
- Also, ask your colleagues who they have had success with.
If you can’t answer all of these questions rather easily, then the firm you are looking at may not be a good fit. I would also ask the company what resources they use to recruit. If they are not willing to share with you their resources and process, you might want to steer clear.
I would suggest to start with Google and check the company out on the web and then ask questions. There are many choices and it can be hard to navigate to find the right fit for your organization.